[PacketFence-users] apache segfault - error 4 in libc-219.so on Debian Jessie
David Harvey
2017-05-11 14:25:01 UTC
Hi Packetfence-users,

In my attempts to replace an ageing centos install with a Debian one, I've
found that yesterdays install went OK (which I proceeded to break) but on
doing a fresh install today I keep getting variants on t he following -
preventing me from running the configurator.

May 11 15:03:22 packetfence kernel: [ 1111.928053] apache2[1487]: segfault
at 7fae2c5066b0 ip 00007fae3cc6629c sp 00007ffc7a7db6e8 error 4 in
libc-2.19.so[7fae3cbe6000+1a1000]

apache seems to start OK on it's own, and as I paved yesterdays install I
can't see an apt history log to point the finger at a specific package
change.

So far I can reproduce on a qemu instance running from proxmox, and from a
virtualbox instance.

Running apache2 -e debug -D debian -X -f
/usr/local/pf/var/conf/httpd.conf.d/httpd.admin segfaults after a little
while, regardless of adjusting the deprecated setting in httpd.admin that
it's spits warnings about. Alas, no useful output and my strace foo is a
little weak for working out what in the site config is upsetting it.
Assuming the file is processed top to bottom it at least seems to parse the
MaxClients block, so it looks like one of the aspects below that..

Anyone else seen similar or got any ideas?

Best,

David
Fabrice Durand
2017-05-16 13:25:12 UTC
Hello David,

it did test and search yesterday and it looks to be related to the
upgrade of libc6 on Debian 8.8 and lasso.so.

So you have 2 solutions:

Move 2 files:

mv /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/Authentication/SourceSAMLSource.pm
/usr/local/pf/lib/pf/Authentication/SourceSAMLSource.pm.bak

mv
html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/DynamicRouting/Module/Authentication/SAML.pm
html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/DynamicRouting/Module/Authentication/SAML.pm.bak

And restart PacketFence's services

Or:

- Install from the ZEN USB
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/packetfence/files/PacketFence%20ZEN/7.0.0/PacketFenceZEN_USB-7.0.0.tar.bz2/download)
and configure it (but don't do any upgrade).

Regards
Fabrice
4 in libc-2.19.so <http://libc-2.19.so>[7fae3cbe6000+1a1000]
***@inverse.ca :: +1.514.447.4918 (x135) :: www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence (http://packetfence.org)
Christian Hanster
2017-05-18 10:42:16 UTC
Hello Fabrice,

unfortunately I get the same error as David but I’m not doing a fresh installation. I just updated a running PF instance (apt-get update/upgrade). No packetfence packages are updated. However libc6 was upgraded and this I also would identify as the problem. There is also another email thread which could be connected to this issue (https://sourceforge.net/p/packetfence/mailman/message/35844521/).

The problem for me is that if I move the two files (as you suggested and restart pf, the server will (of course) not start because of:

"May 18 10:26:23 byod1 apache2[4021]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 132 of /usr/local/pf/var/conf/httpd.conf.d/httpd.admin:
May 18 10:26:23 byod1 apache2[4021]: Can't locate object method "meta" via package "pf::Authentication::Source::SAMLSource" (perhaps you forgot to load "pf::Authentication::Source::SAMLSource"?) at /usr/local/pf/html/pfappserver/lib/pfappserver/Form/Config/Authentication/Source/SAML.pm line 71.\nCompilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Catalyst/Utils.pm line 308.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 2.\n”

So is there any other solution or do we have to wait for debian to bring up a new (working) package.

Kind regards
Christian
Post by Fabrice Durand
Hello David,
it did test and search yesterday and it looks to be related to the upgrade of libc6 on Debian 8.8 and lasso.so.
mv /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/Authentication/SourceSAMLSource.pm /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/Authentication/SourceSAMLSource.pm.bak
mv html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/DynamicRouting/Module/Authentication/SAML.pm html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/DynamicRouting/Module/Authentication/SAML.pm.bak
And restart PacketFence's services
- Install from the ZEN USB (http://sourceforge.net/projects/packetfence/files/PacketFence%20ZEN/7.0.0/PacketFenceZEN_USB-7.0.0.tar.bz2/download <http://sourceforge.net/projects/packetfence/files/PacketFence%20ZEN/7.0.0/PacketFenceZEN_USB-7.0.0.tar.bz2/download>) and configure it (but don't do any upgrade).
Regards
Fabrice
May 11 15:03:22 packetfence kernel: [ 1111.928053] apache2[1487]: segfault at 7fae2c5066b0 ip 00007fae3cc6629c sp 00007ffc7a7db6e8 error 4 in libc-2.19.so <http://libc-2.19.so/>[7fae3cbe6000+1a1000]
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu <http://www.sogo.nu/>) and PacketFence (http://packetfence.org <http://packetfence.org/>)
Fabrice Durand
2017-05-18 12:10:47 UTC
Hello Christian,

move this file too
/usr/local/pf/html/pfappserver/lib/pfappserver/Form/Config/Authentication/Source/SAML.pm

and restart PacketFence.

Regards

Fabrice
Christian Hanster
2017-05-18 13:50:56 UTC
Hello Fabrice,

this was not enough either. I have moved all “SAML” files integrated in PF now and the server is working again. It’s not perfect but it’s working.
There were two more files which I moved:
- html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/DynamicRouting/Module/Authentication/SAML.pm
- html/pfappserver/lib/pfappserver/Form/Config/PortalModule/Authentication/SAML.pm

Kind regards
Christian
Post by Fabrice Durand
Hello Christian,
move this file too /usr/local/pf/html/pfappserver/lib/pfappserver/Form/Config/Authentication/Source/SAML.pm
and restart PacketFence.
Regards
Fabrice
Post by Christian Hanster
Hello Fabrice,
unfortunately I get the same error as David but I’m not doing a fresh installation. I just updated a running PF instance (apt-get update/upgrade). No packetfence packages are updated. However libc6 was upgraded and this I also would identify as the problem. There is also another email thread which could be connected to this issue (https://sourceforge.net/p/packetfence/mailman/message/35844521/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/packetfence/mailman/message/35844521/>).
Post by David Harvey
[...]
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org <http://slashdot.org/>! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________ <http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________>
PacketFence-users mailing list
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/packetfence-users <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/packetfence-users>
David Harvey
2017-05-19 13:00:38 UTC
Nice one, thank you Fabrice!
/me says hoping this ends up in response to the right thread